If your courses contain materials created in Campus Pack (wikis, blogs and podcasts) the first time the link is clicked following the upgrade on the 17th August it will automatically update from the old version of the tool to the new.
To do this the following steps are requried –
The upgrade process will start – this may take some time but it will not stop you using another browser tab.
You will receive a message when complete and the materials will open
To complete this you will need a microphone to record the podcast and sound to listen back.
- Click on the Personal Learning Space
- Click Add Content
- Click Podcast
- Give the Podcast a name and add a description (if you want to)
- Click Add New Episode
- Add a title for your podcast and Continue
- Select Record Media
- Click Record when you are ready to start
- Click Finish when you are ready
- Use the onscreen buttons to review
- Click Save & Exit
Campus Pack 4 – Personal Learning Space –
- Select the Personal Learning Space tab in Blackboard
- Select your name
- Select Settings
You can now manage your profile by adding an image and set your visibility in the public directory.
- Go to your Messages tab and
- click Compose Message.
- Click in the To field
- find the person’s name in the Directory; then click OK.
- Type your subject and message and click Send.
- Go to the Groups tab
- Click Create New Group.
- Enter the name and a description of the group
- Select Member, or Select Manager to invite people
- Search for the relevant names in the directory
- Repeat the two steps above until invites complete and Submit