Since 2012 previous year’s versions of SITS unit courses have been automatically retained on Blackboard, so staff and students can have easy access to these where appropriate.
Following the annual course roll-over at the start of August, you will be able to see previous as well as current versions of unit courses, clearly identified by a year suffix in the course ID and name, eg:
Course ID Course name
BIOL11000 Biology 1A Diversity of Life 11_12
BIOL11000_2012_13 Biology 1A: Diversity of Life 12_13
BIOL11000_2013 Biology 1A: Diversity of Life 2013
BIOL11000_2014 Biology 1A: Diversity of Life 2014
BIOL11000_2015 Biology 1A: Diversity of Life 2015
This year all 2014 courses will by default remain available to students – in previous years staff could make the courses available to students if they wished.
Staff can easily make multiple courses unavailable to students, if required, using the Qwickly tool on their Blackboard home page.
Staff and students can choose to group each year’s courses under separate headings in the “My Courses” box on your Blackboard Home tab. To do this, please follow the instructions below:
- Move your mouse to the top right of the My Courses box on your Blackboard home page and click on the small cog wheel icon.
- On the page that opens, under “1. Terms”, tick “Group by Term”
- Note that you can also choose which courses and terms you want displayed, and whether you want to see course names, course IDs, or both.
- When you have finished click “Submit”
- Here is a 25-second video on how to use group courses using terms.