IT Services will be completing their emergency upgrades to the University network on Monday 22 March between 5.30 pm and 9 pm. This will affect access to some of the services that the Digital Education Office manages, including Blackboard and Re/Play. Further information can be found in the IT Services status item about this work.
IT Services will be making emergency upgrades to the University network on Friday 19 March between 6 pm and 9 pm and on Saturday 20 March between 6 pm and 9 pm. This will affect access to some of the services that the Digital Education Office manages, including Blackboard and Re/Play. Further information can be found in the IT Services news item about this work.
We are pleased to announce that the “My Re/Play” tab has been restored in Blackboard. All our services (including Re/Play, Blackboard and Collaborate) are available and working normally. We are continuing to closely monitor these services, along with our suppliers. Please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced yesterday. Further information about the nature of the issues and the steps taken to resolve them will follow shortly.
At the moment, the “My Re/Play” tab is unavailable in Blackboard, due to the issue that affected it earlier today. We are working to resolve this issue, and hope to make the “My Re/Play” tab available again in the near future. While it is unavailable, staff who need to access their recordings, or make them available to students, can use the following workaround.
- Go to https://mediasite.bris.ac.uk/Mediasite/MyMediasite/
- If you are asked to sign in, click on the “Authenticate” button and sign in using your University of Bristol ID and password
- You should now see the “My Presentations” screen, giving you access to all your recordings
To create a link that students can use to view one of your recordings:
- From your “My Presentations” screen, find the recording you want to share
- Click on the name of the recording, which takes you to a screen with that recording’s details
- Check that “WHO CAN VIEW?”, on the right-hand side, is set to “My Organization”
- Click on “Watch in New Window”, on the right-hand side towards the top
- In the new window that opens, copy the URL (select all the text in the address bar, eg https://mediasite.bris.ac.uk/Mediasite/Play/cb546ba353a4438eb363edb897ed46041d)
- Provide this link to your students, who can use it to view the recording
In order to address slow running in Blackboard we have disabled access to the My Re/Play tab.
This will not affect playback of recordings embedded into Blackboard courses, but will stop playback of linked content, and will stop you adding new content to the service.
In-room recordings and uploading from the Desktop Recorder will not be impacted.
We will update as soon as we have more information. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Re/play supplier will be undertaking scheduled maintenance between 12:00 and 4:00 AM on the 4th January during this time there will be disruption to the service and access will be intermittent.
If you have any questions please contact the Digital Education Office – email@example.com
The Digital Education office wish to thank you for your patience while we have investigated and worked with the supplier on a fix.
We can now confirm that full editing functions have been restored as of the 3rd November.
If do encounter and further problems please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Re/Play was upgraded yesterday morning (12 October). While the upgrade has improved playback performance, it unfortunately resulted in a delay in the automatic publishing of lectures recorded from 5 pm on Monday until 6 pm Tuesday.
We have rectified this and made the materials visible. Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.
To make a recording private:
- Go to the My Re/Play tab in Blackboard
- Find the recording
- Change the setting from ‘Viewable’ to ‘Private’.
This is a reminder that there will be two disruptions to service this week as we maintain and enhance the service:
- The Re/Play service will have limited availability on Tuesday 10 October between midnight and 4:00 am. There will be several short outages of 5 minutes during these hours as essential data centre work is carried out.
- The Re/Play service will be unavailable for up to four hours between midnight and 4:00 am on Thursday 12 October. This work will improve playback for staff and students.
We are working to enhance and extend the service through a new program of investment, aiming to:
- Simplify, standardise and complete recording equipment provision in centrally managed, large teaching spaces
- Extend the scope of the service to better accommodate disciplinary requirements (eg record chalkboards and whiteboards, recording in smaller teaching spaces)
- Develop, implement and evaluate case studies of media to enhance teaching and differentiate assessment.
Please see our project page to find out more
Sonic Foundry who provide the Re/Play service (formerly Mediasite) have informed us that there will be potential outages on Tuesday 10 October between midnight and 4:00 am. There will be several periods of 5 minutes when the service will be unavailable during these hours. The outage is necessary for essential maintenance by the data centre provider. Sonic Foundry apologise for the inconvenience caused.