This post summarises the current status of the Re/Play service giving details of what is working, what has been fixed and any open issues.
Open issues are listed below and provide details of any workarounds that can be used and when a fix will be applied.
Background on incident which occurred on the 7th February and current status
A problem with access to Re/Play recordings was identified around midday on Monday 7th February. The issue involved students losing access to Re/Play materials accessed via the left-hand menu in Blackboard. This was resolved on the morning of Tuesday 8 February and has been working without incident since that time.
Please note the following features of Re/Play are currently working normally and being used intensively:
- lecture capture and automated recordings of teaching
- creation and upload of new materials
- streaming of live lectures
- student access to video content through channels, the Re/Play course menu item and via URL links to content.
- Links to materials copied from old courses not working and students being returned to Homepage after clicking a link to old content
There have been a small number of reports of issues when re-using content from previous years courses.
Work to resolve this issue is substantially complete. A final review was due to take place in the week commencing 21 February 2022 but has been put back due to industrial action.
Workaround: A simple fix has been used by DEO and school staff to resolve this issue.
- Staff access to some TB1 2021 materials removed – From Monday 31st January staff may have been unable to access some TB1 21/22 materials housed in Re/Play. No content has been lost or deleted and student access is unaffected. This issue was resolved by the 24th March.
- No access to Re/Play materials added via the “Build Content” menu option – resolved
- Student access to materials embedded using iframes – resolved
Current situation and support
Despite the issues listed above our use of RePlay continues to be very strong, for example between 20 September and 22 November 2021 almost 253,000 hours of materials were watched by our students. This data underline the potential impact of issues and the criticality of the Re/Play service and we sincerely apologies for any stress and disruption to colleagues and our students.
For help and advice please contact email@example.com