We have recently identified problems when trying to upload submissions to Turnitin using the Safari browser (version 12.0) where the upload appears to hang and never completes.
We have three recommendations to fix this issue.
- Try working in a different browser, both Chrome and Firefox can be downloaded and used on a Mac.
- Clear the cache on your browser. You can find guidance on how to do this by going to refreshyourcache.com
- You can also follow these instructions to change the settings in Safari Preferences:
- Go to Safari Preferences > Privacy Tab > Manage Website Data.
- Look for and remove the three cached websites listed below:
- turnitinuk.com or turnitin.com
- Close and reopen Safari.
- Try submitting again.