With blended learning continuing in Teaching Block 2, it is important that all video files created for teaching should be uploaded into Re/Play and not directly to Blackboard.
By using Re/Play, you are storing your content on dedicated video streaming servers which have been optimised for video delivery. In addition to this, there are other benefits to using this service over Blackboard:
- Dedicated video delivery with worldwide coverage
- Full integration with Blackboard
- You can control whether or not students can download your videos
- Access to closed captions provided by an automated speech recognition service
- Analytics on how your recordings are being used by your students.
Our guidance on how to access and use Re/Play can be found on our website.
Please forward this information on to any of your colleagues who will be teaching in Teaching Block 2.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss your ideas for using video, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.