‘Exclude assignment template’ is a new option for Instructors which allows a template to be attached to a Turnitin assignment, the content of which will automatically be excluded from the Similarity Report. The template could, for example, include standard text or a cover sheet.
How to access this new feature?
When setting up or editing a Turnitin assignment, ‘Exclude assignment template’ is found under Optional settings:
Figure 1: Exclude assignment template menu.
You have two options:
- Create and upload a template file, eg in a Word document.
- Click Create Custom Template and add text directly into the interface.
Make sure you check the template requirements:
- Templates must have at least 20 words of text.
- Uploaded file templates must be less than 100 MB.
- Accepted file types for upload: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP), and plain text.
When you have added your template, submit the Turnitin settings as usual.
Please note that once a student has made a submission to the assignment the template for that assignment can no longer be edited.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.