Some TurningPoint users may have been aware that PowerPoint Polling has been greyed out and unavailable when opening TurningPoint. This can be resolved by setting a repair in the Microsoft applications. Please complete the following steps. You may need to restart your computer.
- Click the Windows Icon (the four small squares in the bottom left of your screen)
- Click Settings Cog
- Click Apps
- Scroll down until you reach Microsoft Office 365 Apps for Enterprise – en-us
- Select this with a single click
- Click Modify
- When prompted click Yes
- When prompted select Online Repair, and then click Repair. You may have to restart your computer after the repair process is complete.
Most staff on laptops should be able to apply this fix. Those on desktops may require admin rights in which case IT Services would need to be notified to assist in running the fix. Please quote Incident# 61639 in your ticket to IT services.
A helpful hint when using PowerPoint polling in TurningPoint is to set TurningPoint to open when you open PowerPoint. Complete the following steps.
- Open TurningPoint.
- Click on the Settings, which is the cog icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Software.
- Under application, ensure ‘Add-in always loaded’ is checked.
- Select Close.
If you have any questions, please contact the Digital Education Office: email@example.com