On 16 July between 9 am and 1 pm the Digital Education Office (DEO), in partnership with IT Services and Sonic Foundry, will be upgrading to a new version of Re/Play. This process will take around four hours and the service will be unavailable throughout (for both playback and scheduling).
Once back online, the DEO and IT Services will be undertaking testing and the service will remain at risk during this time.
By upgrading to the new version, we will benefit from new and improved features, including:
- A better user interface and search function for staff in My Re/Play
- An improved video management interface for staff
- Dual video playback on mobile devices; this is for presentations that use two video sources created with the desktop recorder or with the video template in equipped lecture theatres
- The ability to add quizzes into videos (both existing and new recordings)
- Updated playback through better streaming.
We will also be looking to evaluate the following –
- Software solution for room capture
- Inline annotation of videos for students
- Inbuilt closed-captioning.
We are continuing to extend the Re/Play service though our Re/Play extension project.