We have previously blogged about an issue whereby Turnitin hidden submission points become available to students after editing the assignment settings eg to change the Post Date.
We have since seen two verified instances of marks temporarily being hidden from instructors in the Feedback Studio view for a short time (less than a minute) after moving the Post Date. The marks remain visible in the Assignment Inbox view. Both these issues are being investigated by Turnitin.
Workflow changes to minimise impact of these issues
To help avoid potential problems until Turnitin have resolved these issues, we recommend the following workflow if you need to move the Post-Date (eg to deanonymise work):
- Move the Post-Date as normal.
- If the submission point should be hidden from students, make it unavailable again. Double-check the Grade Centre Column is still hidden from students.
- Go to the Assignment Inbox and open a few submissions. Check the marks appear in the Feedback Studio view.
- If the marks do not appear, close the Feedback Studio window, wait, refresh the page, and reopen. Our testing has shown marks reappear within less than a minute. If marks do not appear after ten minutes, please contact the DEO.
- Sync grades as normal.
- Double-check that the marks display correctly in the Grade Centre, the Assignment Inbox view and the Feedback Studio view.
We apologise if you are affected by this. We will provide an update when we hear more from Turnitin. In the meantime, if you have any concerns or questions, please contact us.