Blackboard is available again following essential maintenance overnight. The feedback annotation tool, Crocodoc, has now been replaced by Box View. Follow this link for more information on the change to Box View. There is also further advice for staff and for students.
There is currently an unrelated issue whereby students see their grades to 5 decimal places, so for example 70 will display as 70.00000. Blackboard are aware of this.
This is a reminder that the Blackboard service will be unavailable from 10.30 pm tonight (Thursday 4 January 2018) up to 10.30 am tomorrow (Friday 5 January 2018) for essential maintenance work. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. This update will include a change to Blackboard’s feedback annotation tool (Crocodoc). Please see separate post for information.
Re/Play was upgraded yesterday morning (12 October). While the upgrade has improved playback performance, it unfortunately resulted in a delay in the automatic publishing of lectures recorded from 5 pm on Monday until 6 pm Tuesday.
We have rectified this and made the materials visible. Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.
To make a recording private:
- Go to the My Re/Play tab in Blackboard
- Find the recording
- Change the setting from ‘Viewable’ to ‘Private’.
This is a reminder that there will be two disruptions to service this week as we maintain and enhance the service:
- The Re/Play service will have limited availability on Tuesday 10 October between midnight and 4:00 am. There will be several short outages of 5 minutes during these hours as essential data centre work is carried out.
- The Re/Play service will be unavailable for up to four hours between midnight and 4:00 am on Thursday 12 October. This work will improve playback for staff and students.
We are working to enhance and extend the service through a new program of investment, aiming to:
- Simplify, standardise and complete recording equipment provision in centrally managed, large teaching spaces
- Extend the scope of the service to better accommodate disciplinary requirements (eg record chalkboards and whiteboards, recording in smaller teaching spaces)
- Develop, implement and evaluate case studies of media to enhance teaching and differentiate assessment.
Please see our project page to find out more
Sonic Foundry who provide the Re/Play service (formerly Mediasite) have informed us that there will be potential outages on Tuesday 10 October between midnight and 4:00 am. There will be several periods of 5 minutes when the service will be unavailable during these hours. The outage is necessary for essential maintenance by the data centre provider. Sonic Foundry apologise for the inconvenience caused.
We apologise for any issues experienced with Turnitin following our Blackboard upgrade. The service has been restored.
A final reminder that the Blackboard software upgrade will take place between 7:00 pm on Sunday 6 August and 2:00 pm on Monday 7 August. The upgrade will also introduce improvements to the design and layout of Blackboard. Please see our previous post for more information on the changes.
The Blackboard course rollover is now complete, and 2017/18 courses are available for editing.
Blackboard will be upgraded this weekend, and will be unavailable between 7:00 pm on Sunday 6 August and 2:00 pm on Monday 7 August. This upgrade will introduce visual changes that improve accessibility and the experience of Blackboard on a mobile device. See our previous post for further information.
Some users may be seeing error messages when logging into Blackboard. IT Services and Blackboard Managed Hosting services are investigating now. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We are pleased to announce that Blackboard is now running as an externally-hosted service. If you experience any issues, refreshing your browser cache (http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/), completely closing your browser and restarting it, or rebooting your machine should fix the issues. Please let us know if you experience any persistent issues: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about the changes at our project page.
For Blackboard support, training and advice, please contact us: email@example.com.