We’ve been made aware of disruption to the EesySoft service which is used to report on Blackboard course activity. This has been reported the supplier who is investigating. We will provided updates when we have them. If there is any urgent report data that is needed, please get in contact with the DEO.
The issues that led to some people having difficulty accessing Blackboard, from around 12.15 today, have now been fixed. We are continuing to monitor the situation.
Please accept our apologies if you were affected by this issue.
<< update 15/10/20: 13.05 – this issue is now resolved>>
Some people may be having difficulty accessing Blackboard currently due to external network routing issues. The issues appear to be impacting Blackboard users worldwide. We are investigating, and will provide updates when we have them.
EesySoft Course Reports were previously misreporting Last Access. This error has now been resolved and Course Reports are now reporting correctly.
EesySoft Course Reports are misreporting Last Access. This error has been flagged to EesySoft and they are currently investigating.
Data about when students last accessed the course can be accessed in the Full Grade Centre or under Course Tools > Evaluation > Performance Dashboard. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We are pleased to announce that the “My Re/Play” tab has been restored in Blackboard. All our services (including Re/Play, Blackboard and Collaborate) are available and working normally. We are continuing to closely monitor these services, along with our suppliers. Please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced yesterday. Further information about the nature of the issues and the steps taken to resolve them will follow shortly.
At the moment, the “My Re/Play” tab is unavailable in Blackboard, due to the issue that affected it earlier today. We are working to resolve this issue, and hope to make the “My Re/Play” tab available again in the near future. While it is unavailable, staff who need to access their recordings, or make them available to students, can use the following workaround.
- Go to https://mediasite.bris.ac.uk/Mediasite/MyMediasite/
- If you are asked to sign in, click on the “Authenticate” button and sign in using your University of Bristol ID and password
- You should now see the “My Presentations” screen, giving you access to all your recordings
To create a link that students can use to view one of your recordings:
- From your “My Presentations” screen, find the recording you want to share
- Click on the name of the recording, which takes you to a screen with that recording’s details
- Check that “WHO CAN VIEW?”, on the right-hand side, is set to “My Organization”
- Click on “Watch in New Window”, on the right-hand side towards the top
- In the new window that opens, copy the URL (select all the text in the address bar, eg https://mediasite.bris.ac.uk/Mediasite/Play/cb546ba353a4438eb363edb897ed46041d)
- Provide this link to your students, who can use it to view the recording
You may recently have been experiencing difficulty in accessing Blackboard, or finding it running slowly. Blackboard are aware of this issue, and are taking steps to rectify it. This work should be completed very soon.
Collaborate sessions should not have been affected by this.
We will update you with further information when we have it.
Blackboard will be performing infrastructure maintenance on Saturday 3rd October between 1 am and 5 am. During this maintenance window, Blackboard may be unavailable for a period of up to 20 minutes. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The issue with the Blackboard tool used to bulk upload feedback documents to students (using the B1 workflow) has now been resolved.
If you have been affected by this issue prior to the fix and need advice, please contact the DEO – firstname.lastname@example.org