EesySoft Course Reports are misreporting Last Access. This error has been flagged to EesySoft and they are currently investigating.
Data about when students last accessed the course can be accessed in the Full Grade Centre or under Course Tools > Evaluation > Performance Dashboard. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We are pleased to announce that the “My Re/Play” tab has been restored in Blackboard. All our services (including Re/Play, Blackboard and Collaborate) are available and working normally. We are continuing to closely monitor these services, along with our suppliers. Please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced yesterday. Further information about the nature of the issues and the steps taken to resolve them will follow shortly.
At the moment, the “My Re/Play” tab is unavailable in Blackboard, due to the issue that affected it earlier today. We are working to resolve this issue, and hope to make the “My Re/Play” tab available again in the near future. While it is unavailable, staff who need to access their recordings, or make them available to students, can use the following workaround.
- Go to https://mediasite.bris.ac.uk/Mediasite/MyMediasite/
- If you are asked to sign in, click on the “Authenticate” button and sign in using your University of Bristol ID and password
- You should now see the “My Presentations” screen, giving you access to all your recordings
To create a link that students can use to view one of your recordings:
- From your “My Presentations” screen, find the recording you want to share
- Click on the name of the recording, which takes you to a screen with that recording’s details
- Check that “WHO CAN VIEW?”, on the right-hand side, is set to “My Organization”
- Click on “Watch in New Window”, on the right-hand side towards the top
- In the new window that opens, copy the URL (select all the text in the address bar, eg https://mediasite.bris.ac.uk/Mediasite/Play/cb546ba353a4438eb363edb897ed46041d)
- Provide this link to your students, who can use it to view the recording
In order to address slow running in Blackboard we have disabled access to the My Re/Play tab.
This will not affect playback of recordings embedded into Blackboard courses, but will stop playback of linked content, and will stop you adding new content to the service.
In-room recordings and uploading from the Desktop Recorder will not be impacted.
We will update as soon as we have more information. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
You may recently have been experiencing difficulty in accessing Blackboard, or finding it running slowly. Blackboard are aware of this issue, and are taking steps to rectify it. This work should be completed very soon.
Collaborate sessions should not have been affected by this.
We will update you with further information when we have it.
Blackboard will be performing infrastructure maintenance on Saturday 3rd October between 1 am and 5 am. During this maintenance window, Blackboard may be unavailable for a period of up to 20 minutes. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
An issue has been identified with the Blackboard tool used to bulk upload feedback documents to students (using the B1 workflow). Students and staff may find that, after upload and release of feedback is complete, they do not have access to the feedback files.
We apologise for any inconvenience. Blackboard have been informed and are working to resolve the issue. If you are, or may be, affected by this and need advice, please contact the DEO – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been advised that Turnitin experienced disruptions to their service on Friday 18th September between 22:00 and 01:00. Users may have been unable to upload papers or generate reports. This issue has now been resolved.
We apologise for any inconvenience. For more information please see Turnitin’s Status page.