Questionmark has now been upgraded to version 6 and the new cloud-based On Demand service is available for use.
Users can log in using the links at:
Existing content, schedules and users have been migrated into the system.
Support materials are available at:
If you have any queries please contact the Digital Education Office.
As you know, the Student Lifecycle Support Programme is delivering changes to assessment and feedback this year, including the following areas in Blackboard:
- The capability for marks and feedback to be accessed and submitted in Blackboard
- Allowing for marks to be transferred automatically from Blackboard to SITS, saving staff time and reducing the risk of transcription errors.
To enable this, the Digital Education Office will be rolling over Blackboard courses with blank Grade Centres this academic year. This means that any settings currently in Grade Centres, as well as test deployments, will be deleted and will need to be set up again after roll-over. If you have Blackboard courses with complicated Grade Centre settings that need to be copied over, you can opt to have these courses rolled over with the Grade Centres intact; however, you will then need to manually delete parts of the new course in order to make them ready for the new link with SITS. The DEO will advise you on what needs to be done. Please fill in the attached form as soon as possible if you have any courses like this.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
Our self-hosted Questionmark online assessment platform is being upgraded to version 6 and migrated to the cloud-based On Demand service. This work is essential as our current version, Perception 5.7, will no longer be supported by the company after July 2019.
Questionmark will be unavailable from 11am on Thursday 25th July 2019 until Monday 5th August 2019. The new upgraded On Demand service is expected to be available from 9am on Monday 5th August 2019.
Each year, we copy existing course materials into new Blackboard courses (units) for the following year through a process called ‘rollover’. Rollover will take place in the first week of August, with two changes from previous years:
- The new course codes will include the teaching block recorded in SITS. For example AENG11111_2018 will be copied to AENG11111_2019_TB-2. If a unit occurs in multiple teaching blocks, rollover will create multiple instances of that unit, eg AENG11111_2019_TB-1 and AENG11111_2019_TB-2.
- Courses will be rolled forward without the Grade Centre; the existing columns for past assignments will not be replicated in the new version of the course.
There are several implications of the rollover without the Grade Centre:
- Whilst existing Blackboard tests will be copied to the new unit, they will need to be redeployed. Any tests added to the SLS assessment diet will be created as a blank test. SLS are providing guidance on this, and DEO can provide guidance and help in redeploying these tests with the questions from the previous year.
- No assignment submission points will exist within your courses until they have been set to be transferred from SITS. SLS will provide guidance on how to transfer assignments from SITS to Blackboard.
- Any adaptive release rules based on the previous tests or assignments will need to be reapplied as necessary.
Please contact Digital Education if you require further information about the changes.
This is a reminder that Turnitin Services will be unavailable on Saturday 13th July from 16:00 – 00:00 as they will be conducting scheduled maintenance. Users will be unable to submit and grade during this window.
The Digital Education Office will be upgrading Blackboard from 7pm on Monday 29th July 2019. Blackboard will be unavailable until midday on Tuesday 30th July.
This update brings general improvements to Blackboard, including audio/video feedback for submissions. Keep an eye on the blog for updates.
Course rollover and new course creation for 2019/20 will take place on Monday 5th August 2019. Blackboard will continue to be available as normal during this process. Staff enrolments will roll over from 2018/19 or 2017/18 courses as applicable. For any issues with new course enrolments, please contact your school admin team in the first instance.